Old 20-06-2003, 02:56 AM
zxcvbob

Default Toxic hose?

Salty Thumb wrote:
"Dvd" wrote in
:

Neighbour planted tomatoes, peppers and cosmos in a new bed. In less
than a week everything has died. There appears to be some accelerated
growth, such as occurs with herbicides, but there have been no
chemicals used anywhere in or near the yard. Could toxic chemicals
from a brand new plastic hose have leached into the water that wa used
on the plants? (Husband says no, wife says water appeared milky).
Anyone experienced anything like this? Weather has been fine -- no
frost, not particularly hot, and sufficient rainfall.

Thanks,

Unless the hose is rated for drinking water, I wouldn't rule it out.

-- Salty

I think it's more likely they burned up the plants with "hot" compost, or
too much high-nitrogen fertilizer, or "weed-n-feed" fertilizer.

Best regards,
Bob