Old 20-06-2003, 07:44 AM
zookeeper

Default Retro fit bottom drain

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
I'm happy to announce that we finally got the
retro fit bottom drain installed. DH came up
with a way to use old pump by having the drain
connected to a old swimming pool leaf filter
before the pump. An added benefit the leaf
filter can be clean without removing anything
from the pond.

Bonnie, which retro fit bottom drain did you use? How did you arrange
the pipes for it? What pump are you using? Do you have any pictures or
diagrams? The leaf filter sounds like a good idea -- where did you find it?

We're thinking that we should add a bottom drain, but are currently
using a Little Giant sump-type pump that we're not ready to replace just
yet.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper