Old 20-06-2003, 09:56 AM
jane

Default Weeds in Lawn

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:56:12 +0100, "Peter Coddington"
wrote:

~My lawns have become infested with a weed and I cannot identify it. I
~have looked at various web pages and the nearest I can get to it is
~'Pearlwort' ?
~There are large areas covered with a green moss type of weed from
~which is growing a mass of very small yellow flowers.They are small as
~they avoid my mower.
~What is this infestation ? Is it 'pearlwort' If so will a normal lawn
~'feed and weed' spray get rid of it ? or shioul I use another chemical
~?
~Peter.

Can you take a close-up digital pic and post it on a website
somewhere, or borrow a digicam from someone if you don't have one?

I wonder if you have a thing my Dad calls yellow clover (among other
things!) and which I believe is black medick. If you look closely does
it look like a tiny scaled-down clover?
I think some of the verdone weedkillers will get rid of it if it's
black medick.

--
jane

Mark Twain