Old 20-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default flowering bush in Eastern MA

Margaret StJohn said:

Hi all,
I thought I'd come out from lurking, since I have a question. DOes
anyone know of a really easy to grow flowering bush, that blooms in
summer? Perfably July - September. I'm zone 6, but after this winter
possibly zone 5 . We broke quiet a few cold temperature
records. I'm in North Eastern MA.
The spot I'd like to plant in gets afternoon sun starting around
1:00, and I have plenty of room if it gets wide or tall.

Nice small bush that bloom August/September: Caryopteris (various cultivars)

http://www.chicagobotanic.org/planti...ryopteris.html

Another shrub I like, blooms July/August: Clethra alnifolia -- very fragrant

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrol...calnifolia.htm
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)