Old 20-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Nedra

Default Retro fit bottom drain

That is what I need ... a bottom drain! The Koi Clay
does wonders for the pond water ... but, gosh, the
bottom does need the drain. If you could get a couple
of pictures up maybe I could get some one to copy what
you did.

Nedra

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
zookeeper wrote:
Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

I'm happy to announce that we finally got the
retro fit bottom drain installed. DH came up
with a way to use old pump by having the drain
connected to a old swimming pool leaf filter
before the pump. An added benefit the leaf
filter can be clean without removing anything
from the pond.

Bonnie, which retro fit bottom drain did you use? How did you arrange
the pipes for it? What pump are you using? Do you have any pictures or
diagrams? The leaf filter sounds like a good idea -- where did you find

it?

We're thinking that we should add a bottom drain, but are currently
using a Little Giant sump-type pump that we're not ready to replace just
yet.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper

Hi Kathy,
I purchased the Tetra retrofit drain, used the 2" PVC to
connect it to the leaf filter (which came from my son's old
above ground pool). The leaf filter is connected to a mag
drive pump which then sends the water to the vf. No
pictures yet. If it ever stops raining I may be able to get
some. It works well but it's very visible. I'm hoping in
time for the pvc will be covered with algae. DH did the
plumbing and didn't try to hide it.

--
Bonnie
NJ