Old 20-06-2003, 04:56 PM
sw

Default Globe Artichokes

The Reid wrote:

Right, grown the artichokes, and fine looking plants they are, if a
bit scarey.

Cooking
When I was in Tudela I had lovely stews of whole baby artichokes and
broad beans but when I tried it last night with golf ball sized ones
they are like fibre glass. I stewed for 40 minutes.

Whats wrong? Surely they cant water them more than me, Spains dry,
isnt it.

crosspost to gardening, they might have an input, clever lot them
gardeners

No clue here, but I've just discovered a small artichoke nestling in the
leaves of mine, so I await further instructions. I wonder if I can make
it serve four? This vegetable growing is much more exciting than
flowers!

regards
sarah

--