Old 04-03-2003, 07:04 PM
MJC

Default Tulips and Varmints

While there a few deer around I have never seen them up that close to the
house. I supose it could be there midnight snack. I just spent 3 hours
cleaning the centipeed grass out of the flower bed they were in. Bulbs just
don't seem worth it anymore.
MJ
"Tom Gauldin" wrote in message
Deer are terrible about dining on landscaping. They would make a pass
through our yard about the time the Day Lilies were 6" tall, taking them
down to the mulch. The Day Lilies would then regrow and send up a flower
stock, and the deer would then munch the buds off. Strangely, they never
ate the second growth of the Day Lily leaves.

I suspect that deer may have been munching your plants.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL

"MJC" wrote in message
Any ideas on what is eating the green tops of my tulips? It doesn't seem

be interested in the daffidols.
MJ