Old 20-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Proffessional Gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
".... It won't take long to become experienced.Tree work
pays the best,..........."
This is a great recipe for disaster. you should have public liability
Insurance, and with no Arboriculture qualifications it will cost an arm and
a leg )And one mistake with a chain saw could also cost you an arm or a leg)
Proper training in arboriculture is a 3 year course at college, then there
are a lot of openings.

Never mind your arms and legs: one mistake can cost a client his tree!
It's no use doing somebody else's garden by guesswork and good
intentions. Every county has a County College, and they'll train you.
Ask at the Library: they know everything, and will always be glad to
help. The Job Centre will have info, too.

And I didn't mean that about your arms and legs: for God's sake don't
go near a chain saw till you've had the proper training. I got my
training on them from the ATB (Agricultural Training Board), and it
was time well spent, even though I happily haven't got one any more.

[...]
Best of luck: I'm sure you won't regret it.
Mike.