Old 20-06-2003, 11:08 PM
LizR

Default kill lawn area and start again

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:34:03 +0000 (UTC), "clcnews"

wrote:

can anyone help with advice on how to kill off a very uneven grass and

weed
covered lawn approx 60x20 feet area so I can start again. Recently moved
into a house where garden was neglected for nearly 10 years, can you
imagine, all types of rubbish dumped in it and full of broken glass etc.
Looking for some kind of fast acting grass/weed killer, spray or

whatever.
thanks
Clembo

"LizR" wrote in message
.. .
Are there dandelions in there? If so, don't dig or rotovate until you've

given them
at least 3 goes with the glyphosate. Dandelions spread and multiply like

nobody's
business if you cut up the root. If digging up, important to get the root

out whole.
Creeping buttercup is nearly as bad.

Also, make sure you get the industrial strength glyphosate, not the B&Q

stuff (good
though it is)

LizR

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:11:24 +0000 (UTC), "clcnews" wrote:

Does ROUNDUP constitute as industrial strength glyphosate??? if not can
anyone recommend another name and where to purchase in quantity for this
type of project?

Clembo

Well, I'm pretty much a beginner at this gardening lark. I use Roundup but it seems
to me some of the more senior members of this group have access to some form of
mega-roundup. I think I heard someone mention getting it from a horticultural
supplier.......

Or maybe I've just got tougher weeds:-(

Liz