Old 21-06-2003, 01:56 AM
RichToyBox

Default DIY Pre-filter for 3600GPH pump?

Mike,

My BIL has made a nice prefilter using 2 of the mesh type plant baskets,
round ones, and cutting out a hole in the bottom of each for a piece of pipe
to go through. The baskets are connected with twist ties open top to open
top. The pipe that goes through has a lot of holes about 1/4 inch diameter
and a cap on the end. The other end is fitted with an appropriate fitting
for the pump. I modified mine, because the suction was enough to collapse
the baskets once they were covered with debris, by adding bioballs as
internal fill. Works great.
--
RichToyBox

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
Anybody know how to make an inexpensive pre-filter for a pump? What if I
took a peice of pvc pipe and drilled some holes in it and wrapped foam
around it? I don't want to pay $150 for a filter, especially since I
want my veggie pond to get the nutrients. I just want to keep out things
like mud, acorns etc.

Thanks
Mike