Old 04-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Velvet

Default How dangerous are these lights to human eyes?

Yes, they do, however based on the reaction of a bead bracelet I have (which
changes from white to bright colours depending on strength of sunlight, and
is reactive to the UV in sunlight) it's about the same level as on a fairly
overcast day in winter.

Of course, I can't guarantee it's the same type of UV they react to, that's
in both the actinic and the sunlight. My light is a 25Watt(ish) Actinic,
flourescent, 30" tube.

Velvet

"Christopher Beeckler" wrote in message
yeah don't the actinic lights spit out UV light?
"Aqua" wrote in message
om...
How dangerous are these aquarium lights (5000K to 10000K) to human
eyes? I am (seeing) exposed to these lights very closely (6 to 12")
for minimum of 10 to 30 seconds daily.

Thanks
Dominic