Old 21-06-2003, 05:44 AM
TakeThisOut

Default And you thought cutting your toe off with a lawnmower was bad

From: "Shelly"
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:39:29 -0700

"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message
.. .
Landscaper Killed After Legs Get Shredded In Wood Chipper
A nomination for the Darwin award if ever there were one.
Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR\

DARWIN AWARD? How so? He kicked a stuck branch. Potentially dangerous.
Stupid. So are you saying you've never done something that others would say
was potentially dangerous and/or stupid?

More than most likely we all have at some time or another. But most people draw
the line when it comes to wood chippers, especially after seeing for the first
time what it can do to a 6" tree limb. Those who don't, however... get the
Darwin Award.

"Mother nature is behind in her weeding."

Also, if you look at the poor man's name (Rigoberto Martinez, 20, of Long
Branch NJ), you may wonder if the fellow was an immigrant from Mexico.
Maybe he wasn't trained properly on how to safely use the equipment?

Shelly

I don't "wonder" at all. I'm 99 & 44/100ths% sure he was not only from Mexico
or some other 3rd world spanish country, but equally sure, considering his
employment within a heavily cash-only industry (Like landscapers, car-washes,
and Taco stands) that he was an undocumented illegal alien.

As such, I have about as much sympathy for him as I do the robber or rapist who
dies while falling from a cliff while running away from the police.

..
..
..
..