Old 21-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Joanne

Default tomato wilt

(FarmerDill) wrote in message ...

True, Bananas are source of potash, but there are many souces which are less
expensive, The tomato is NOT a heavy feeder but do require some phosphorus, (
that where all the match book in planting hole stories got started,) most folks
overfertilize tomatoes, then wonder why they have huge vines and few tomatoes,

Educate me then. Almost everything that I have read about tomatoes
(and that's quite a bit)refers to them as "heavy feeders". It is often
suggested to allow the area where tomatoes are grown to lie fallow
every few years or do crop rotation for that same reason.

I have also experimented for the past few years, some with NO bananas
and others WITH, my crops are always better when I include a few
slices of bananas close to the roots. I fail to see how a few slices
of a banana can be considered "over fertilizeing" but I'm open to
input.

Thanks

jcm