Old 21-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Carpenter ants??

Sue, you mentioned another solution, Move! I 'm glad I moved away from
fireants and termites, only the hardy live up here.

Diane
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:04:03 GMT, "Bob Walsh"
wrote:

Susan,

Not that it would have worked in your case but we have killed them off

with
20 Mule Team Borax.

Just take a misting bottle and mist water on the ants outside the nest,
assumeing you see a dozen or so of them, then sprinkle on some Borax.

When
they lick it off each other in the nest and ingest it there is a reaction
that causes gas which they can't pass and their digestive system

explodes,
or so I've heard.

It does work. It's much less toxic than many poisons.

Bob

Another great one to put in the bank. I no longer live in the
same area. But one never knows when this type of information
will be necessary.
SuE