Old 21-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Ficus trunk

In a message dated 6/20/2003 10:00:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm a just a beginner and I would like to know how to make
my Ficus trunk bigger and keep the leaves small.

It depends to some extent upon the variety of Ficus, but assuming a F.
benjaminia or one of its cultivars such as "Too Little."
The more light the better. The bigger the pot the better. Let it grow wild
for a few years. Keep up potting when it gets root bound.
If the CA means Canada you will have to keep it protected much of the year,
but get it outside during you short summer.
Be careful, F. ben. does not recover well from hard pruning.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++