Old 21-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Lynn Smythe

Default basil and cilantro

Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. I use tons of it in homemade salsa
along with my organicaly grown tomatoes. And when it bolts to seed (which it
does too quickly in my zone 10 garden) then I have lots of coriander to use
in curries and other yummy recipes.

I grow tons of basil too: lemon, cinnamon, sweet, spicy globe, Thai, anise.
It goes too flower too quickly this time of year but the flowers look pretty
too. I use the lemon and cinnamon basil in cookie and shortbread recipes -
served at a tea party my mom and I hosted a few days after xmas. Oh, I'm
getting hungry now!

Take care
--
Lynn Smythe