Old 21-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Garden Vandalism!

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:24:42 GMT, "For Auction"
wrote:

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins

snip
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

Sorry for your loss. Around here, people just *steal* ripe pumpkins
and watermelons. The state fair isn't in this area. One note: don't
let this poison your thoughts against all the pumpkin-growers (or idle
teenagers) in your area. Talk about it, mention it to the authorities,
but try and maintain a "presumed innocent" attitude. Tomatoes yield
excellent rewards. :-)