Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Escaped turtle ... your votes please ?

Yeah, I know K, just feel responsible for those animals (sounds stupid
probably) and feel a bit (well, a lot) guilty.

There are quite a few crows in the next door garden (they have very high
trees where they nest), so maybe that's what happened. Probably wondered
off again and then got caught... Still weird that the little fellow made it
back to the pond before giving in though.

The shell was only damaged in one spot (near the rear legs), almost a clean
"cut" across the shell. Wondering about it possibly being caused by a
mouse trap now as well.

Theo, don't worry about us. We love to talk ponds and critters no matter

what
the case and cause.

Poor turtle. Shell crushed.... it has got to be a lot of force applied to

do
that. Maybe he climbed up some place and fell backwards onto his shell?

Some
birds will pick up things and drop them from a height to crack them open,

crows
and ravens come to mind.