Old 21-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Roger\X\

Default Deer ate my tomatoes

It was my first instinct to post "There is no solution", for I live in
a rural area (on a farm) and over the years I have tried everything-
-including an 8ft fence. . .but a fence this high is hard to maintain
and was a problem from the get-go.

The one thing I have found that works is an electric fence. Hey!!I'm
not talking something that will hurt a child, or one of your pets.
You can buy a fence charger that is used to keep your pet in your
yard. You only need one wire. . .it should be set just a little
higher than your largest pet, but where the deer will get against it,
while trying to get into your garden.

Deer love roses, up until put this wire up about 4 years ago,
everytime I would go on vacation they would wipe me out. Since the
wire has been up, I have not lost a one. They also love apples. . .I
also havea wire around my orchard, with 100% success.

Have a good day. .Roger

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:15:09 -0500, Freeda wrote:

I got a few but they came in today and ate the rest. I'm figuring to build
a cage around the veges. If I lay some netting across the top that will
keep the birds out as well. Found this web site
http://www.mydeergarden.com any other ideas?