Old 21-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Chrille

Default Garden Vandalism!

"For Auction" skrev i meddelandet
om...
I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

Thomas Colson

Similar happend to me 2 years ago, I was growing pumpkins that I had
in my greenhouse(!), It was about all I had in that greenhouse beside some
pepperplants.
However, one day when I got home after working all day someone
had smashed the panes on my greenhouse and destroyed my plants.
I guess the the one who did this to me used a bat or something and trashed
the whole place...
There was nothing left, all my work was completly gone.
So I know the feeling, I have never been more angry and sad......
Iam glad I didn't cached the *******s that day, if you see what I mean..
Don't let this setback stop you, it didn't stop me from growing new
pumpkins.

/Chrille