Old 21-06-2003, 10:44 PM
animaux

Default Beautiful garden tools I just ordered

On 17 Jun 2003 17:22:20 -0700, (Beecrofter) wrote:

More important, stainless steel is very hard, which is why better kitchen
knives are NOT stainless. The material is almost impossible to sharpen
without a machine, and chefs need to touch up knives constantly, using a
steel.

Bullshit, you just have to bear down a little harder.

I have great cutlery and they are stainless, one piece with wooden handles.
They are the sharpest knives I have. Now and then I have to hone the edge, but
I use a steel to sharpen them and they cut through everything perfectly well.

Others may have other experiences.