Old 22-06-2003, 02:08 AM
animaux

Default dirt daubers?

We bought this at either Home Depot or Lowes:

http://www.victorpest.com/wasp_home.htm

We use it to deter them from building where we enter and exit the house, but
encourage them elsewhere on the property. They eat caterpillars so are a
beneficial insect.

There is some other spray for flying insects Lowes sells along with the other
sprays for flying insects, but I cannot recall what it's named. It works well,
also. It has a similar product, an essential oil.

The site I gave to you sells it, but it is MUCH cheaper if you buy it at the box
stores.

On 20 Jun 2003 14:52:42 GMT, (jamie) wrote:

It's been driving me crazy that every time I go in my garage, dirt daubers
are flying in and out. I sprayed a couple of mud nests that I found,
but they must have a few more that I haven't found yet. They scare the
heck out of me, because I can't see that they're not wasps until they
stop moving, and lately a couple have even flown right into me and gotten
caught in the folds of my shirt for a few seconds on their way in or out.

What sort of bait might entice them into a hornet trap?