Old 22-06-2003, 02:32 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Neem as Soil Drench Systemic

According to the research from India I've found (little enough it is in
English on the web!) it is a contact poison on some soft bodied insects
(Aphids and Bees included...which you don't do it until after the Bees go to
bed in the evening g(so to speak) for that reason).

I've seen reference to use it as a soil drench...but not any recipe...simply
'that it can be used' as such.

I'm having a hard time finding specifics via the web in English.

I can guarantee it works as a contact pesticide against Aphids btw...all
dead in just a few hours! But it has to be a soft bodied insect. Sure, the
FDA doesn't say it is, but I sprayed thousands of Aphids on some mums and a
Sage bush a few weeks ago and they were all dead in the morning. I was,
frankly, surprised since that was NOT on the label...I've done a bit of
research since and I find outside of the US folks would not have
necessarilly have been surprised.

John

"animaux" wrote in message
It is not a systemic pesticide. It is not labeled for use as a drench,

that I
can tell. Insects eat the foliage it is sprayed on and lose their

appetite and
die. It's not a contact pesticide, or systemic in the way you mean.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:42:35 -0500, "John T. Jarrett"

wrote:

Hi All,

I've been real happy with my Neem experiments/experience over the last
month!

That is, with everything except Scale...they are neither soft-bodied

(like
Aphids) nor do all of them eat plant material treated with Neem. Many,

many
of them die and fall off....but not all.

Does anyone use Neem Oil as a soil drench for systemic effect?

If so, what recipe/ratio?

Thanks in advance,
John
Austin, Tex