Old 22-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Rob Smith

Default Manure

I would suggest a manure tea. Something like...a shovel full of horse
manure in 5 gallon bucket, fill with water, let set for a couple days,
occasionally stirring, then water the garden with the tea. He will need to
make enough to water is whole garden, and repeat a few times throughout the
season. This may help for now, but come fall I would spread about 6" of
good manure and compost over the whole garden and then till it in. And next
spring as soon as the ground thaws, add another few inches and till it under
again. He definitely needs to start adding some organic materials to the
garden, to keep it growing to it's full potential.

--
Rob Smith, NY
www.allwoodwork.com

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
news
A friend's garden is not doing well. He has not mixed manure or other
organic
material with the soil since he started gardening three years ago. Plants

in
his garden are just not growing. The problem is that he has been relying

on
short-cuts such as Miracle Grow.

Is there any product he can add now that would let him salvage this year's

crop
without digging up the garden and adding manure?
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a