Old 22-06-2003, 01:32 PM
reflectz

Default Lawn Topdressing

Hi,
For the last two houses I had, I used premium garden mix from the local sand
& soil suppliers. They even told me not to do that. They told me to get a
mix of sand or something. But I told them no. The first time i did it was in
late spring. The grass turned out so nice and green and thick.. (kikuyi
grass - the common one).. The second time at my other house i did was during
Feburary.. The grass was shit when i moved in, and after 3 weeks..( we had a
lot of rain in late Feb in sydney..) the grasss was really green,, compare
to what it was before,, patches here and there,, and yellow in places and
the no grass in areas and very hard.. Even the neighbours were suprised when
i got it that green.. they all wanted to know what I used..

Cya

"Mr David R Thomas" wrote in message
news
I am after some advice on top dressing my lawns. I live in Newcastle NSW
and
my lawns, whilst they look not too bad, are a little sparse in areas and
probably not as level as they could be. Is anyone able to offer some

advice
as to how best attack this issue? Any information on what to use, when to
use it, etc would be appreciated.