Old 22-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Mint - elimination?

Lee B wrote:

How do I get rid of this stuff!?

Now the entire bed is comprised entirely of very tall, wild
mint! My lawn guy cuts it down several times a year, but is there any
way to eliminate it? I have some roundup that I used on my poison ivy -
would that work?

Yes it will. Do not cut before you spray - you want maximum leaf
surface area for the spray. Water the mint heavily to get it
growing rapidly, thoroughly spray it with Roundup (shield the
roses with a chunk of cardboard if they are still there) and wait
a couple of days.

Then cut the mint off level with the ground. If you see any
sprouts coming back, spray them with roundup.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both