Old 22-06-2003, 03:08 PM
nan

Default Problems with Park Seed

Gary Hancock wrote in message . ..
I ordered from Park Seed last year for the first time for this year's
planting season, because I kept hearing so many good things about
them.

I planted about 10 different vanities. Of all of them, 8 types
germinated. The Rudbeckia Goldsturm and Viola Midnights had a ZERO
percent germination. I mean NOT ONE SEED grew.

Some of my seed does not germinate, no matter the source. If every one
of every seed packet germinated then I would think there was something
wrong. Maybe seed viability is more affected, and more easily, than is
thought. But you should avoid the possiblity that you might have made
a mistake also when sowing. Perhaps that type of Rudbeckia from that
one source might require pretreatment in order to successfully
germinate, as is recommended by some.

My experience with Park Seed is very limited as this was the first
year I had ever ordered, but I was very pleased with the small order
that I did place. They all germinated but the probability was high as
I keep my orders to a minimum. Large ordres are deserving for only the
tried and tested seed companies.