Old 22-06-2003, 03:20 PM
MargieKay

Default PICS OF: Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor

That's it? That's all they cut, and that's what you are upset about?

Of course, they could have tried to notched the fence to go above the tree
root that is encroaching on their property. But, what they did seems to be
reasonable to me -- they only cut out a small part notch and left the rest
to preserve the stability of the tree, etc. At what point would it be okay
with you if they cut the tree root that is growing into their property -- at
the point where it grows into the foundation of their property. Why didn't
you cut back the surface roots that were growing into their property when
the tree was smaller to prevent this encroachment problem?

They are obviously making quality improvements to their property and are
putting up a high quality fence that looks good and is not inexpensive.

Having you as a neighbor, I am not surprised that they want a fence.

this is just my opinion from what you've written and the pictures that you
posted. I don't know you or your neighbor, so I can't really tell who is
being the most ridiculous in this situation. But, you did ask for opinions
and feedback, and this is my opinion and feedback.

"TheKeith" wrote in message
http://www.kworks.us/tree