Old 05-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Tim B

Default Weed control

A time-honored method of weed control is to pile up all your fencerow brush
on top of the weedy plot and create a long hot fire. Not sure if that fits
with your situation, and not sure it would eliminate bermudagrass.

Vantage and Poast are two herbicides you can use between crops. Follow the
label directions closely.

Exteremely faithful hoeing is good.

The newspaper and mulch idea is good, but the newspaper will decompose about
the time the bermudagrass really gets going. A mulch deep enough and heavy
enough to keep the grass down will help. I think I'll take back my plastic
mulch suggestion, it may introduce other difficulties.

"Randy Price" wrote in message
I compost the horse manure in a tumbler and it gets quite hot but I don't

think
enough to kill the seeds. -RP