Old 22-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Lee B

Default Mint - elimination?

Yes it will. Do not cut before you spray - you want maximum leaf
surface area for the spray. Water the mint heavily to get it
growing rapidly, thoroughly spray it with Roundup (shield the
roses with a chunk of cardboard if they are still there) and wait
a couple of days.

HA! I live in the northeast... the mint has _definitely_ been heavily
watered already! It's like a jungle now. My dogs periodically jump up
into the mint bed (no point in calling it a flower bed anymore) and
literally disappear behind the stalks.

Do I have to hit every leaf, or just a leaf per plant? I don't think
there's a way to get to each leaf initially, it's so dense. Man, I'm
gonna need a barrel of this Roundup! Oh well, at least it's the mint
that's overrunning me and not the poison ivy, which was fairly sparse.

Thanks for the advice. The lawn guy didn't get to the mint yesterday so
I'll hustle out to spray it this morning since he probably won't be back
now until at least tomorrow to finish up some trimming he was doing.

Lee

PS - no, the roses are long gone, swallowed by the mint.