Old 22-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Coffee

Default Grey Heron came for breakfast

Here is a site for predators of ponds.
http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/Pr...DreadPred.html
Patty
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
MLF wrote:
"MLLYDOE" wrote:

I had the same problem and the guys said to put a floating duck in the

pond and

the bird shouldn't return

That may work, although I'm not sure why a heron would avoid ducks. My
parents lived on a lake and had problems with a number of animals. They
found that a large imitation snake did the job just fine as long as you

move
it every day or two. Fake owls work for some people too.

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)

I regularly pass a house with a fake snake on the roof.
Aparently the homeowners where bothered by birds and
put a snake on the roof the keep the birds away ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ