Old 22-06-2003, 08:20 PM
tish

Default Moles!!

I do not pretend to be an expert in any way about this matter, but I
am fighting a mole in my front yard right now, as I type.
This is my 5th summer in this over an acre yard. The first year I
killed about 6 with the hose, using the same methode mentioned
earlier. My husband smashed one over the head with a shovel.
I have read different sights on the internet and found these facts.
Although there are many tunnels and holes coming out of the ground,
there is only one mole living there at a time. They are very
teritorial and even kill their young if they don't leave at an early
age. As soon as you kill one off, another will move in.

I have used the caster oil, vibrators, wind mills, chewing gum, soap
mixture and various other things but I can 't get rid of these crazy
animals.

My husband dislocated his thumb setting up the trap and there are so
many tunnels that I don't know where to begin setting them up.

Now, after that mole has moved out and no other mole has discovered
the path, you could break your ankle walking in my yard, because while
running the hose in the tunnels, it washed away the dirt. Now the
ground has sunk in those paths.
My new method, along with the hose, is using poison peanuts. I know
you can't do this with pets around but I haven't any pets except for
the deer that eat all my plants and flowers.
That's a whole nother show!!!!