Old 22-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Mark Anderson

Default Morning Glory Question

My seeded morning glories are starting to pop up and get ready to climb.
I have several different vines going on different trellises. For one
trellis, I strung a rope across the sidewalk connected to an adjacent
tree of heaven. Today it suddenly occurred to me that these morning
glories might not want to grow along that rope since it would be growing
away from the sun. Here's a picture of the situation:

http://www.brandylion.com/images/mg3.jpg

I'd like the plants to grow along the right rope. There's another
container that has more that I want to grow along the left rope. The
sun, however, is behind the camera in the opposite direction. Is it
possible to train these plants to grow in the other direction? This is
my first year growing morning glories and moon flowers vines.

BTW: The seedling in the front is a Chianti sunflower.