Old 22-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Algae and Large Recreational Pond

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:37:44 GMT, "Gregory Young"
wrote:

Good farm ponds are not setup to fill by flows of water over their sides
from adjacent terrain.

Hmmmm...I'm building a 1.4 acre pond as we speak. I plan to fill it with
runoff, but all runoff will seep through a large gravel filter under a wide
18" high levee. The pond is mostly for fishing, but I hope to get some
swimming in. I've already resigned myself to include some shallow weed beds.
Looks like I'll have to quit fertilizing my grass too.

Bob