Old 22-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Gary Mattingly

Default St. John's Wort

On 14 Jun 2003 09:50:05 GMT, "Jack Sanders"
wrote:

Common St. Johnswort, a wildflower, likes full sun.

Hm, I just planted some this year but in shade, actually.
I'm in zone 9 (I think) and it seems to be doing okay
so far. Has yellow flowers on it. Maybe it just won't
get quite as big.

It gets rather hot here in the summer (although it has
been unseasonably cool this year) and many plants
which are to be planted in full sun, don't do well at
all in the full sun. Some do but unfortunately the
ones that don't, I usually figure it out a bit late
(my fault, of course). Yes, I mulch. Yes, I
water. Maybe if I started things in partial
shade then moved them to full sun they
would be all right. Maybe if I put a little
umbrella over them. ;)

Guess it would be nice to have a bit more
differentiation in descriptions of cultivation
but that might be a bit much to ask for from
everyone.

Gary