Old 22-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Tiffany and Perfume Delight

In JTill10610 wrote:
Try the above site for a great picture of the Tiffany Rose. It is just
an outstanding rose, fragrant, easy to grow, one that I will always
have a place for. (Maybe the one you have is not a Tiff.!) The Double
Delight is well named for it is truly Doubly Delightful!

Did you know that Tiffany and Double Delight are in the same family tree?
The genealogy is:

1954 Charlotte Armstrong x Girona = Tiffany
1963 Tiffany x Cavalcade = Granada
1977 Granada x Garden Party = Double Delight

Girona, a Spanish-bred rose, is the source of the 'damask' fragrance
present in Tiffany, Granada and Double Delight. Garden Party has Peace
as a parent, which may help explain the luxurious bloom form.

I love this whole 'line'.

I wonder what Charlotte Armstrong is like. Anyone? Maybe I should find
one somewhere and plant a family reunion!