Old 22-06-2003, 10:44 PM
TheKeith

Default PICS OF: Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor

"Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A." wrote in message
TheKeith wrote:

actually those aren't exactly surface roots--tehy dug their backyard

deeper
which is what exposed that big root (it used to be completely buried). I
don't think they should have touched the tree at all, particularly not a
major supportive root, which by the way, they want to completely

eliminate.I
posted the pictures more to show the situation than the damage that

already
occurred which it's obvious is worse than the pics convey, since a

certified
arborist referred to the current damage as severe.

Could be far worse. Can you bypass graft the notch with branches
cut from the same tree?

I'm not sure about that--I'll have to ask the arborist. He did have some
other recommendations:

"soil injection of the entire root zone with Biopack Plus (or similar
mycorrhizal/slow release fertilizer combo pack) at the rate of 11lb/100gal.
that should be performed in fall of this year. This treatment should
stimulate fobrous root growth, improve nutrient uptake, and increase
resistance to secondary pests and diseases."

....he also recommended the removal of about "10-15% of branches under 4" in
diameter to reduce the canopy spread and lessen the wind sail effect."