Old 23-06-2003, 12:20 AM
B. Joshua Rosen

Default this rascal ruined my garden!

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:43:51 +0000, Charles P wrote:

Well, after getting 2 coons, I've bagged my first woodchuck. There are
more to follow I'm sure.
There's a whole colony of them near my garden. Used cantalope for bait.
This fellow is
now relocated and won't be coming back.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/cwpflanze...=/trap&.view=t

During the 1980s I trapped and relocated 50 raccoons and it did me no good
whatsoever, either they were finding their way back or others were taking
their place. I moved them 10 miles away to the other side of a major river
so I don't think that they were finding their way home, but if they were
you have to give them a tremendous amount of respect for accomplishing a
major feat of navigation. Eventually I gave up and just started to name
them. If you name a creature it moves from the category of pest to pet.
For example the woodchuck that lives under my barn is named Turing. BTW I
wouldn't set a trap today, there is a major rabies epidemic among
raccoons, you don't want to go anywhere near them.