Old 23-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Nonya

Default Propagating rosemary

I've also noticed that a natural tendancy for the plant to spread is for a
branch to make contact with the ground, at which time roots will usually
shoot out. You can do this, and after which cut off the branch after
rooting.

IE - bend a branch down to the ground, stake it there, put some soil over
the top (you may want to strip a little of the bark off and apply some
rooting hormone there), wait till it roots and then cut it off the parent
plant. I have done it both ways and this way will get you a rooting
transplant faster and with more success.

good luck,
"Anne" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know how to propagate rosemary by stem? I live in
Vancouver, Canada and have tried a few times with no success. The
stem and leaves just turned black after a few days. Thanks in advance
for your feedback.