Old 23-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Jay Bird

Default Bluebonnets!

Hi Karen,
I had a bluebonnet surprise me this spring. It was blooming up to a couple
of weeks ago. The surprise was that I hadn't had bluebonnets in that
location for several years.

According to the landscape doods at work, bluebonnets seed can lay dormant
for quite a while before germinating. This must have been there for about 6
years. Last fall I did some soil disturbing activity where this thing popped
up.

"Karen" wrote in message
.190...
I've been too busy (and too neglectful of my garden) to read this
newsgroup lately, but I wanted to say that of all things, I have a
bluebonnet blooming! This is from a seed I planted last fall. I hope
that next year it will be on a regular schedule. (And there will be
more of them.)

Karen