Old 23-06-2003, 03:20 AM
B.Server

Default Deer ate my tomatoes

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:19:28 GMT, "Roger\"X\""
wrote:

[...]

The one thing I have found that works is an electric fence. Hey!!I'm
not talking something that will hurt a child, or one of your pets.
You can buy a fence charger that is used to keep your pet in your
yard. You only need one wire. . .it should be set just a little
higher than your largest pet, but where the deer will get against it,
while trying to get into your garden.

[...]

Have a good day. .Roger

Both the pets and the kids will learn about an electric fence. Some
of them are nearly as educatable as the deer. Unfortunately, there
are a lot of cities run by folks who figure either that kids (their's
probably) are too dumb to avoid a second zap or that it will warp
their little psyche and turn them all into republicans or something.
Bottom line is that it is a risky bet inside most city limits. (only
slightly less objectionable than my original suggestion; -venison)