Old 23-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Joseph A. Zupko

Default Tomato Plants Wilting

I have a similar problem in northern Ohio with all the rain we had. My
tomato and pepper plants all wilted from too much rain. I put in new ones
but planted them in above the ground so far so good. So the soil is not
the greatest its clay. The dranage is very poor. There is nothing I can do
about it because its a community garden.
"Fred Mann" wrote in message
Hello,
First of all, I am a beginner in the gardening world, so I may be
overlooking something simple here.
Anyway, I have seven tomato plants and some assorted basil, squash, and
peppers, in a 10' x 10' garden with 75% full sun. Three of the tomato

plants
are showing fairly severe wilting. The other four appear perfectly

healthy.
All other plants in the garden look good. I live in North Carolina, where

it
has rained almost every day for the past six weeks.
The worst looking plant has one branch which appears to be perfectly fine.
All other branches on the plant are experiencing wilting (strange?). In

each
case, the wilting plants do not have any obvious yellowing, spotting, or
insect problems. The squash in the garden is already fairly large and
healthy, so I suppose it could be dominating the garden at the root level.
However, if so, it is not effecting all plants uniformly.
Any ideas/solutions?
Thank you very much for your help!,
Fred Mann