Old 23-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Andy Spragg

Default Elderflower wine

Roy Bailey pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:47:42 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Thanks to everyone for the links.
^
^ http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques43.asp was the best with two
^ recipes; one of which appeared similar to my lost one. Alan's was a
^ little more complicated than I required.

Harrumph. I am vexed. Went out on Saturday evening to collect a couple
of bags of elderflowers, and then spent a couple of hours /trying/ to
"separate flowers from stalks". And it seems to me to be virtually
impossible. Particularly with the freshly-opened flowers, which a
colleague advised me to concentrate on because they are heavier on the
aromatics. What I ended up with is about half a gallon of flowers,
most of which are attached to bits of thin green stalk.

Elderberries are a doddle by comparison, given patience. Does anyone
have any helpful advice on how to achieve a cleaner separation? Or is
my experience normal, and it doesn't actually matter too much?

Andy
--

"No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the
worlds ills, based on your ignorance of magpies."