Old 23-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Tim

Default Something growing in my comfrey liquid !!!

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:30:33 +0100, Druss wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
newsprqwsxfw3wxhha1@localhost...
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:14:12 +0100, Druss wrote:

"Pickle" wrote in message

Isn't it only the larvae of hoverflies that feed on aphids? The adults
drink nectar, I thought. Like lacewings.
So.... rat-tailed maggots are useless for eating aphids. Hoverflies are
nice anyway.
Tim.

This would seem to be true, they are not going to eat many aphids in teh
comfrey liquid, however they are apparently still good polinators.

Ah, why didn't I think of that? Maybe my mind is too highly trained.
(apologies to Douglas Adams)

One point though, having made no provision for them to be able to get
out, I
found at least half of them dead the other day, fished the otehrs out and
set them free to squirm through the grass, i.e. I think I may have fed
the
birds !!!, but one or two might survive it.

If a couple survived it's probabaly more than would have done if you'd've
left them in the butt.
Tim.