Old 23-06-2003, 12:20 PM
James Williams

Default Summer Tubbin'

"Toni" wrote :

What is the upper ambient temperature limit here?
If my temps stay in the 90º's all day (and never get below 80 at night)
wouldn't the tub have to be placed in deep shade? A small container of

water
can heat up very quickly in my climates sun- heck my pool water stays in

the
mid 90º's F from July through September, and it's 20,000 gallons.

Well, I'm in central Florida. Some of mine are in sun, some are in
shade, some are set into the ground. The water does get quite warm in the
ones that are in the sun and not buried, but I think the heavy growth keeps
them shaded enough to keep the guppies alive. The ones in the shade get
morning sun enough to keep the plants alive

---