Old 05-03-2003, 04:15 AM
jammer

Default Distilled water?

On 04 Mar 2003 14:18:16 GMT, (Iris Cohen) wrote:

I don't know why, unless you live in an area where the tap water is so
atrocious that you are drinking bottled water. Dracaenas are tough plants.

I looked up the care of the plant and it said to use rain or distilled
water. Do you disagree?? I watered it with tap water and it went down
hill fast. And yes, my water is atrocious and i use bottled water

Can i boil and cool water and use it?

This would be exactly the opposite of distilled water. You would have more
dissolved salts, not less.

This is kind of an emergency as the leaves have to be cut off now as it is.

Why are you cutting off the leaves? If they are turning brown at the tips, the
cause may be something besides water quality.

Because i looked up what to do. The leaves are basically black now.
And, yes of course it could be something else. It's lighting and
locationhad been changed drastically and i read they don't like that
either.
jammer