Old 23-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Chris Norton

Default Weedkiller

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:05:47 GMT, (Graham White)
wrote:

Help!!

I have an allotment and over the years I have tried to be as organic
as possible. However, for various reasons, I haven't been able to get
down to the allotment at all so far this year which means it's a
complete mess so I'm going to have to start again from scratch.

I intend to hire a petrol strimmer and clear down to the soil level,
put down weedkiller and then hire a rotavator to dig it over and start
again next year.

So my question is, as I've never used weedkiller before, what
weedkiller should I use? What is effective but fairly non-toxic to
wildlife etc.

Thanks

Graham White B.Sc. (Herb. Med.), MNIMH
Medical Herbalist
Bishops Stortford & Napier's Herbal Health Care, Cambridge

Roundup (aka glyosphate) in a knapsack sprayer will do the job nicely.
However, as already mentioned your still going to be digging roots for
a while to come.

But then, you`ve been here before........... 8-)))

Would`nt think it would be too bad as if you`ve only let it go this
year and you crack into it quickly then hopefully you`ll have got the
weeds before seed time. Take your mower down and have a go with that
if you have a petrol one.