Old 23-06-2003, 02:32 PM
B.R. Jones

Default Korean Spice Bush Barely Blooms

I have a bush sold to me as a Korean Spice Bush.
It grows lush green foliage and is now about 5 feet across and 4 feet tall.
But, it barely blooms. We're getting one or two flower clusters per year for
the last 2 years.
I have been fertilizing in the spring before the blooming period and not
pruning at all.

Should I be fertilizing at a different time of year?
Should I prune after the bloom period?
I am in CT in zone 5 and the soil is fairly moist but the bush is in a
raised planting.

It's fragrant when it blooms so I definitely want more blossoms. Help
please.

--
"I am he who walks alone through the night."