Old 23-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Wendy

Default keikis on keikis on keikis

WNeptune, I find your comment very intriguing but not sure I understand it
fully?
If one has a white form of an orchid flower, cloned to itself, only then
should it be
termed as "alba"?
Cheers Wendy (confused?)
"WNeptune" wrote in message
Subject: keikis on keikis on keikis

I just have to comment on the term Den kingianum var "alba". Alba clones

in
kingianum are just as uncommon as alba clones in other species, and are
actually quite rare. Most so called albas when selfed produce 85% colored
forms. I do not like to see the term alba used unless the plant has been

proven
to be an alba by selfing, and instead referred to as a white form. This

becomes
of importance to anyone wishing to do any hybridizing if an "alba" is

truly
needed in the cross.