Old 23-06-2003, 04:08 PM
TheKeith

Default Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor

"CpRensCoNY" wrote in message
I find that being nice to neighbors makes it all the more likely that

they
will try to take advantage of you.

Some others have taken care of attitude here so I will not. You are

writing on
a garden line so you should know or try to know a bit more about the

silver
maple. If you follow the postings it is clear that you are the catalyst

of the
trouble.

And from what do you base this on? If things were left up to me, I would
just leave well-enough alone. Besides, my folks had no idea how big that
tree was eventually going to get and that it would encroach on their side.

You may still be able to save the situation. Buy the Mrs. next door a
bunch of roses and state you wish to bury the hatchet. It is a great deal
cheaper than an attorney and will save you from making a fool of

yourself.

The situation is the tree--nothing else. Therefore, the situation cannot be
saved without the tree being saved. The attorneys cost us nothing. As
stated, my folks get personal attorney fees paid for by my father's union.
BTW, we won't be making a fool of ourselves since we and our tree seem to be
covered legally on this matter.

Maybe you have not passed 40 years of age.

not even 25, but my folks are 60+

You will look back upon this fracas
with regret. Repeat, a silver maple is not a backyard tree. It is to any
gardener without a few free acres a menace in the garden. Another posting
explained that to you. Curious attitude you have regarding neighbors. Are

you
sure you are not on a hill in Montana.

I'm sure neighbors are more neighborly in montana than in brooklyn. In the
city, particurly in this neighborhood, you have a lot of young arrogant
families moving in who have that mentality that its their property--they'll
do what they want. They're the ones with no regard for their neighbors and
if I told you about half the things that went on over the past year and half
of rennovation to their house, you might just find yourself on the other
side of the fence, so to speak.